Monday, February 15, 2010

Bye Bye Tonsils....

Our little man had such large tonsils and he snored SO loud that the doctor decided they needed to come out. Nikson is so paranoid about going to the doctor in fear of getting a shot or something painful that we decided not to tell him about this surgery. The morning of we had to be to the surgical center by 6:15 am, so we just carried him out to he car and were on our way. We just kept telling him not to worry about anything and try and sleep! When we got there he was pretty chipper considering he is not an early morning person (hence the first picture you see)! They gave him medicine to help him not be nervous to leave us and at that time we told him what was about to happen! It all happened pretty quickly which was nice so that Jake and I didn't have too long to worry. Its been about 2 weeks and he is finally starting to feel little to no pain. Everyone has told us that kids heal faster and it will be so easy, but my child must not be a quick healer. It has been a rough 2 weeks of misery for my little guy. It breaks my heart to see him in pain. Luckily I know its for the best and once the pain is completely gone he will live a better life not being sick all the time and sleeping better!

Happy little Nikson!

Bye bye tonsils and adenoids!!

1 comment:

Nicole and Kevin said...

It is the worst seeing your kids in pain. I am glad that the surgery went well. I am going to have to agree...I don't know that I would tell Oakley about an upcoming surgery either.